Automated quality control
in the construction industry
as a response to the challenges
hollow and paving blocks
Challenges of the construction industry
A large number of investments, seeking contracts, lack of production specialists, rising costs of materials… these are just some of the factors that make construction industry producers look for solutions and innovations that increase their competitiveness.
Meeting the challenges of the competitiveness of the construction industry requires new, innovative tools from construction companies. The companies seek for the use of IT tools, technological innovations, automation and digitization of their processes, such as among others:
– laser scanning,
– BIM (Building Information Modeling),
– machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Vision technologies are effective source of material cost reduction allowing for increased competitiveness. This is at KSM Vision we have prepared an innovative optical system with advanced automation and IT solution – Brickspect – dedicated to the construction industry.
AI-driven quality control systems to solve the challenges of the construction industry. Check how KSM Vision systems can support your production processes.
Brickspect by KSM Vision
The machine vision system for quality control of paving stones and blocks, Brickspect by KSM Vision, is an opportunity to achieve the benefits of production automation in the construction industry.
Brickspect, using visual cameras and machine learning algorithms, effectively detects and removes defects in bricks or hollow bricks.
The system allows for rapid processing of large amounts of data in real time, which is crucial in the case of mass production in the construction industry. This allows for quick identification of defects and elimination of problems at an early stage of production, minimizing loss of time and costs.
Brickspect offers product height testing, especially when it is specific and not easily replicated. Algorithms for dimension analysis are based on laser triangulation.
The Brickspect system is:
– 3 laser triangulation sensors – for measuring the height of paving stones
– 2 upper cameras – for examining defects to the upper surface of paving stones
– software based on machine learning
Brickspect for quality control of paving stones and blocks
The Brickspect vision quality control system provides a precise and objective assessment of the quality of paving stones and blocks.
Thanks to advanced image analysis algorithms and pattern recognition technology, Brickspect can detect even the smallest defects, such as defects or surface irregularities, which can significantly affect the strength and durability of building materials.
Brickspect also offers product height testing, especially when it is specific and hardly replicated.
Brickspect’s dimensional analysis algorithms are based on laser triangulation.
Why is automatic machine vision
a valuable investment for manufacturers
of hollow bricks and paving stones?
Machine vision quality control systems play a key role in the construction industry in the context of inspecting paving stones and hollow bricks. Vision technologies provide precise and objective assessment of product quality. The use of vision-based quality control systems based on artificial intelligence (AI) by paving stone and block manufacturers can bring many benefits. Here are 10 arguments why it is worth investing in such systems:
- Defect detection: AI systems are able to accurately identify even the smallest defects in paving stones and blocks, which allows for the elimination of defective products.
- Increased product quality: AI-based quality control allows for automated detection of quality issues, leading to the production of higher quality products.
- Time savings: The quality control process is faster and more effective thanks to automatic vision systems, which translates into shorter production times.
- Cost reduction: Eliminating defective products at earlier production stages allows you to save raw materials and reduce production costs.
- Increased efficiency: AI systems can operate 24/7, which means that quality control can take place continuously, without the need for shift breaks or employee rest.
- Consistency in quality control: Automated vision systems ensure consistency and accuracy in the quality control process, which is difficult to achieve with manual product inspection.
- Minimizing human errors: Eliminating human errors allows you to avoid distortions and mistakes in the quality control process.
- Improved safety: Reducing manual intervention in the quality control process reduces the risk of employee accidents and injuries.
- Adapt to different quality benchmarks: AI systems can be programmed to adapt to different quality standards and requirements, making it easier for manufacturers to adapt to changing market needs.
- Trend monitoring and data analysis: AI systems can collect data from the quality control process, which allows for trend analysis and identification of problem sources, which in turn can lead to continuous improvement of the production process.
The introduction of AI-based vision quality control systems can significantly improve the efficiency and quality of paving stone and block production, bringing benefits to both producers and consumers.